Printable W 9 Forms Employee – Independent contractors and freelancers complete a W-9 form to notify that they are submitting a form to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This form contains information like your name, address and taxpayer identification number (TIN) as well as your taxpayer identification number, which could refer to you Social Security Number (SSN) or your Employee Identification Number (EIN). When a company or individual require the information on your social security number for them to tell the IRS how much they have paid you, they’ll issue you a Form W9.
As a freelance contractor, you have a more significant control over the timing and method by which the work is completed. But, you don’t enjoy the same benefits as employees who are full-time including a 401k match and health insurance. This can affect your tax deductible earnings as well. As an independent contractor, you can claim more deductions for work costs and home office expenditures. Depending on your job and your personal vehicle, it could be tax-deductible. Consult with a competent accountant to determine what you are able to get for your business.
Who Fills a Fillable W-9 form?
Printable W 9 Forms Employee are utilized by self-employed employees such in freelancers and independent contractors, and consultants. It is mandatory when you have earned more than 600 dollars in the year but were not employed to work as an employee. If your employer issues you an form called a W-9 form instead of a W-4, then you are most probably classed as an individual contractor. This should be confirmed with the company. Knowing your status could assist you with preparing the tax returns. The W-9 form helps businesses keep track of their staff outside. This means that you don’t send the W-9 form directly to IRS. Instead, you hand it to your boss or company. You might fill out numerous W-9 forms during the same calendar year if you worked for multiple companies. You must also complete new W-9 forms whenever your name, business name, address, or Tax ID number change.
How to Fill out a W-9?
- Fill in the details with your name or the name of your company.
- If you did not file your taxes as a company, partnership, or LLC, check the box for “Individual/Sole proprietor.”
- Only check the “Exempt payee” option if you are sure you are exempt from backup withholding. The requirements are listed on the form under “Specific Instructions, Exempt Payee.”
- Enter your current address in the provided field.
- Enter your current address in the provided field. This is your tax identification number (TIN).
- Finally, sign and date the W-9 form. When you’re done, please return the form to the firm or people who provided it. Please do not send the W-9 to the IRS.
Returning a Printable W 9 Forms Employee
If you receive a W-9, make sure you fill it as quickly as possible. Then, you will give it back to the person who requested it. You may send or email the form. In any way you choose for returning the W-9 be sure to keep confidentiality in mind.