Printable W 9 Form 2022 Pdf – Independent contractors and freelancers must fill out a W-9 form to provide of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This form contains information like your name, address, taxpayer identification number (TIN) that could refer to it’s Social Security Number (SSN) or your Employee Identification Number (EIN). If an organization or person wants to know to know your social security number for them to tell the IRS how much they’ve paid you, they will issue you a Form W9.
When you are a freelance contractor you’ve got more say over when and how jobs are completed. However, you won’t enjoy the same benefits as full-time employees like an 401k-match as well as health insurance. This impacts your tax-deductible income as well. As an independent contractor you can claim more deductions for work costs and home office expenditures. Based on the type of work you perform the vehicle you drive could qualify as a tax deduction. Speak with an experienced accountant to know what you may and cannot get for your business.
Who Fills a Fillable W-9 form?
Printable W 9 Form 2022 Pdf can be used by self-employed people such as freelancers, independent contractors and consultants. You must use it when you have earned more than 600 dollars in the year, without being hired as an employee. If your employer offers you the Form W-9 form instead of a W-4, then you are most likely to be classified as an independent contractor. This should be confirmed with the company. Being aware of your status can help you prepare your tax return. The W-9 form enables firms to keep track of their employees outside of the company. This means that you don’t send your W-9 form to the IRS. Instead, you give it to your boss or company. You might fill out numerous W-9 forms in the same year, if you were employed by various firms. You must also complete new W-9 forms when your business name, name, address, or Tax ID number is changed.
How to Fill out a W-9?
- Fill in the details with your name or the name of your company.
- If you did not file your taxes as a company, partnership, or LLC, check the box for “Individual/Sole proprietor.”
- Only check the “Exempt payee” option if you are sure you are exempt from backup withholding. The requirements are listed on the form under “Specific Instructions, Exempt Payee.”
- Enter your current address in the provided field.
- Enter your current address in the provided field. This is your tax identification number (TIN).
- Finally, sign and date the W-9 form. When you’re done, please return the form to the firm or people who provided it. Please do not send the W-9 to the IRS.
Returning a Printable W 9 Form 2022 Pdf
If you get a W-9, you need to complete it as fast as you can. It is then given return to the individual who asked for it. You may either mail or email the form. However you choose to return the W-9 make sure you keep confidentiality in mind.